Tuesday 2 October 2007

me and my box i made today


today was a real revelation to me- for years i have only used a wood workshop if i needed a stretcher and have been predominately emerged in a 2D art world, today i learnt the skills, about when to use which types of wood, plastic, and generally became less of a girl. plastics i could put lights below to give a muffled lightbox, flexible ply for potential pinhole distorted cameras, for example. it gave me visions of my pre course thoughts of building my own cameras into sets.... and i'm very proud of my box. the 'mini me' figure is from a previous animation i did, have put her so she's half in half out, how i might think about her coming out of the box or entering in to it, how i could maybe use this tiny figure, julia bardsley-esque with
real and mini me in my one minute 'chance' video, in some kind of worlds in a box involving performance, based on the surprises, delights, emotional reactions to things it might contain....i'm sitting here reminiscing about morph as well, its that kinda box...

2 comments:

So Young said...

It looks really good with the 'mini figure' :)

Laura Bean said...

Hey!

Have you seen that if you click on the 'Dashboard' thing at the top of the blog page there is something on there about mobile blogging? Thought it was very you.

I have created a blog now but don't know if it is showing up on the vizlang site
XX