(single image above and all below)
emma hart and benedict drew at ica (photos here are my own)
am interviewing paul jeff (18th august) whom I wrote about in my dissertation for his Polis project and notions of Performed Photography in his phd project- the participant experiencing the act of photography, within an event, although in a different way to my interpretation. am also interviewing- emma hart (sometime during week of 18th august) for the way she works with low tech time based media, and the process of image making as performance. i saw her show alongside jordan mckenzie in rules and regs, southampton and also at the ICA with benedict drew.
paul jeff has given me sections of his phd to read that he felt reflected my areas of interest.i will be posting questions for the interviews shortly.
i was hoping to interview david harradine as an artist who has just completed a phd in the relationship between photography, light and performance. i wrote about david herebut he is unavailable for interview at the moment. however, he suggested to email him questions, which i emailed this week as follows;
- What do you see as the relationship between photography and performance and how has this influenced or directed your work and PHD?
- How and why do you use the process of photographic image making in your practice?
- How and why do you explore temporality in your work?
- What practitioners/theorists have influenced your work and how?
- Dancing with time project.
- The Camera Obscura project at BAC